Unfortunately, there is some uncanny clash of terminology.
I will simply list the worst offenders:
- nerve fibres and fibres of morphisms
- topology of neural networks, or brains and general topology
- cortical maps, maps between manifolds and maps of phase space
- category theory and wordpress categories
- projections from one brain area to another and projections as coordinate functions
Of course, the poetic, colorful language of mathematics exposes some gems, too.
- growing germs of functions
- sheaves of mind